Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

Good Afternoon, Everyone.
Well, its a few minutes after 1200pm, and Im just now getting started,, didnt wake up until 1130am. and feel like crawling back into bed just to stay warm, and sleep.

Ive got a pot of chicken soup going. Well, the chicken is in the pot of water cooking, will cut it up in a bit, and get started on the rest.  Everyone here seems to enjoy it, and it lasts a couple days. Probably one of the cheapest dishes I can make and I get more meals out of it.  If I can feed us for under 5 dollars a head, per meal, Im doing pretty good..

The Iceberg/glacier that occurred from the leaky waterhose (yes it didnt get disconnected last fall) last month is gone, but lingering effects (the dreaded waterbill) arrived yesterday, and it doubled from the month before.. an unforeseen expense.. nothing I can do but pay it and go on.

Havent heard from Lowes yet, on getting the floor replaced here in the computer/den room, kitchen and hallway. About 8 dollars a square foot, total cost, includes vapor barrier, flooring, tear out (of the old flooring) and haul-off,  new baseboards, and everything else that goes along with it.. I think when I did the first floor, I didnt have 1000 dollars in it, did it myself. But with health problems, I cant do it this time.. and besides, insurance is paying for it, (about 10 dollars per square foot) and I also get the foyer done. Still going to be a mess, no matter who does it.. Hopefully, I can keep a 10x10 or 12x12 area of it, for use perhaps on the garage floor, if I ever get it cleaned out.

The vehicle damage, from that nice person in the parking lot last Christmas (unknown parking lot, could have been Walmart, Krogers, Hospital, etc) that was so full of Christmas cheer, all they could do was hit my SUV and skedaddle.  To the tune of 1000 dollars (again, TG for insurance) Not sure when we will take it in.. Kinda holding off, with the weather the way it is, and see if Nana doesnt get rear-ended before spring,, LOL,, of course, thats all we would need at this time. She hurts bad enough these days, and I think the colder it gets, the worse she hurts. And we sure as heck dont need a whip-lash to add to her problems.

Anxiously awaiting warmer weather. And it isnt far off.. Suppose to be near 50 this weekend.. at least its above freezing.. But I want to get the RV from Nana's brother, Gary, and start working on it to get ready to start camping ASAP.  Dont think the bed is going to be that comfortable in the RV, but we plan (at this tiime) to go ahead and set up the tent too, that will give us more room. The new tent we bought last year, may still be too much for us, though taking our time with it, still only took 1/2 hr or so.. but then, I had unknown heart issues (blockage) when we went last summer.. Anyway, Ive been looking at Coleman.com for a new tent, that sets up in less than a minute.. even if it took us 5 minutes, I think its going to be better than this other tent. About the same amount of room, just faster setup, and we have an additional tent, if someone else wants to come along (grandkids).  But still, there is work to be done on the RV before we start anything,, a few hundred dollars, and we should be set.. of course, then we probably wont be able to afford the gasoline to go anywhere, LOL... 4-5 dollars a gallon has been mentioned for this year. so that will be approx 150 per fillup. But if I can get 3-400 miles per tank, a round trip to Florida would be about 800 in fuel costs, then we already have our room with us, then food and campground expenses, etc,, I figure its still going to cost us less than just taking the car, and renting a place. Besides, its all about the get-a-way, and Beaches dont cost anything (nor looking at the girls in skimpy bikinis, LOL.)

Guess Id better go check the chicken, and see what else Im going to need for the soup. Usually have plenty on hand to whip something up to make it good..

Oh yeah, another thing I will cover in this blog, is my weightloss. As a few of you know, Ive had heart surgery, and a few other problems since, and have lost alot of weight. I was somewhere around 270-280 at the time of the surgery.. and this morning, when I got onto the scales, I was 238. Now if you want to start one year ago, when I went to the cardiologist, I was about 310.. so that is 72 lbs in a year, with about 40 of that in the last 3 months.. Now if I can just take the scissors, and snip off that unsightly sag that is hanging down,, LOL.

well, Folks, Im off to Farmville, to check my crops and perhaps breed a few foals. (more on Farmville at a later date) Have a great day, and make the best of it.

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment