Friday, February 11, 2011

TGI FRIDAY, February 11, 2011

Good Afternoon, everyone,

Well, I slept in this morning, til 11:30am, and had to go to Farmville.com and get my crops harvested, before they withered up on me. LOL. Im growing JalapeƱos til theyre mastered, and theyre an 8 hr crop. So it was getting close, to withering time. LOL  Strange how this virtual farming takes over our existence, but I am thoroughly hooked. It is a little more manageable, now, that I have most things where I want them, and not in a hurry to get other things. I get so many gifts from my wonderful friends and neighbors, I cant possibly put all of them on the farm. I currently have in my giftbox,: 400 Special Delivery boxes (which give anything I need, for building materials and water, and some useless things like trees, bikes, butterflies, etc) 100 watering cans,  a rainbow egg I cant open til I get my giftbox below 500, all the building materials to build the first stage of the next building, plus numerous Farmhands, Arborists, fertilizers, etc.. Ugh. lol

Its nearly 1:30pm now. So Ive been up a couple hrs, have the breeding of the foals finished, with 120 foals to give out individually throughout the afternoon. gets hectic after a while, when they request something, then leave, or dont respond they "got it" in the posts they request in, then come back hours later, and they didnt get it (it expired, but says someone already adopted the foal) and then bitch like its MY FAULT!!!  I really need to start weeding out some of the 1400 people in friends listings. Im not sure why they friended me, cept to receive foals or other animals. At first, it was because of what I said all the time, that makes folks laugh/smile, etc,, One would tell another friend "you have to see what this guy posts all the time", lol,,, but nowadays, its all about the animals. Seems I have less time these days to think of silly things.  I look in the feed all the time, and see many of them clicking "like" or posting ty, when they grab something from our friends.. which helps me to see, that they are HOARDERS, so I hope they keep clicking like and posting ty. lol,, I see them taking from the feed, then come to me requesting foals, and lying to me and saying they dont have any. I dont mind giving an extra, once most people have one of what I am offering. but day after day, and hundreds of foals per week being passed out. They most certainly have one by then.. especially when all the foals get posted, from people that do not understand how to post the links to friends or save the foal back, like I do..
ENOUGH ABOUT FARMING FOR TODAY,, LOL

Well, it is Friday, the 11th of February, and its going to start warming up, with temps in the 50's by the middle of next week. Usually, around here (most years) it has gotten 70 or close to it, between the 15th-20th of February. Many of those years, I have taken the boat out, for a shake-down cruise, and test the waters to see if the fish are biting near the shorelines.. As the water starts to warm (near shorelines, usually the Northwest edges first) the baitfish move in, then, the bigger fishes move in to get the baitfish to eat. Still sluggish from the cold water, they dont put up a huge fight, but they do tend to bite better, since they havent eaten a lot because of the colder water, everything tends to slow down: movement, eating, etc.. Then as the water temp comes up, into the 50's-60's, they move in the shallows to look for spawning spots, (males) then the females move in when the temp gets to near 70, and lay their eggs.. then they leave the males to guard the nests (crappies) and the males stay until all the eggs in the nest have hatched.. There is your lesson on fishing, and from the knowledge of years of reading, and fishing shows, and of course, hands-on experience in fishing.. LOL

I had a restless night sleeping. Having a pain, that reminds me of the fluid in my lungs.. sure hope it isnt that.. but will have to wait til it gets bad enough to go to hospital.. ONLY thing I can do for now, is to take my water pills and hope it comes off.
Nana slept through the night that I could tell.. but of course she would. Tonight is her night, for the VFW drawing, playing cards afterwards, etc.. then pick up the grandkids (Shawn's) from skating at 1130pm, and then taking them home, and staying there with them, til Shawn and April get off work. I told her this morning, to ask Shawn today, to find someone else to pick them up tonight, because Nana is tired, and has been hurting all week, and she needs to come on home and rest the whole weekend, without worrying about the other stuff.. But, of course, she wont do that. and Im going to be pissed off about it,, because she has came home everynight, hurting, a couple times going on to bed, because of her hurting, yet she will go to the drawing at the VFW, then sit and play cards, regardless how bad she is hurting... I want her to just come on home, after work, or at minimum, after the drawing to leave.. but heaven forbid, she listen to me without getting pissed,, so one of us has to be pissed,, guess it will be me.. and I will show it the whole weekend.. LOL

Chicken soup was good, the second night, and still some left, but I am over it.. usually 2 nights, then Im finished with the soups and stews.. and will have to figure out something else for the weekend.. My Granddaughter, Marisa, will be coming home from Ball State University, tonight, and staying the weekend. She is such a busy, young lady.. tonight, she has something to do with friends that have a band, and she is so excited about it, because they got her a shirt that says "Manager" on it,, LOL.. Then, of course, over the weekend, she has friends she hasnt seen since she went to college, to spend time with. But Im sure she will be around some, and maybe get to help cook something with me. One of our favorite pastimes, or at least mine, is preparing something, whether its a dessert, Papaw's "Goes on Anything Spice", or some sort of meal for all of us.

Guess Id better get back to Facebook, and see what is going on, and start passing out those foals.. UGH.. this is going to take a while.. LOL
Yall have a good TGI FRIDAY, and a WONDERFUL WEEKEND..

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment