Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday, February 19th, 2011

Good Morning, readers of Farming with Papaw,

It appears I skipped another day, friday, of writing her in my blog.. My apologies, as I have no excuse. None whatsoever.  After breeding all my horses yesterday, and still being on a major rant for the way some of the people I give the foals to, it pretty much slipped my mind.

As mentioned, I bred all my horses yesterday afternoon, getting 85 of the new Knight steed foals, 20 Black Cherry foals, and 10 pink gypsy foals, (thats 23 births times 5 foals per birth) I tried something new, of posting the links a few moments after passing a few out.. in hopes of pushing these people to collect the foal I sent to them, immediately, or its gone. Im tired of sitting here for hours, first to breed them, then to pass them out, only to receive a PM that it had already been adopted.. (meaning it had expired, and most of them several days after I sent them) I breed these foals, for my enjoyment, then pass them out for the same reason. When I send them, a lot of the folks are excited for receiving the newest foal on the market, that I have sent them.. that elation comes through their responses to receiving them,, I "feel" that elation, and want to continue breeding and passing them randomly out to my friends and neighbors, the way I do, instead of letting cheaters and hoarders snag them all up. But, then, I get the PM saying it was gone, 2 days to 2 wees later, and just get pissed off.. So my intent now, is to breed, send, then post the link.. that gives them 5 minutes to pick it up, or its going to the cheaters and hoarders.
END OF THAT RANT!!!

Friday was a so so day for me.. Felt fine, pretty much.. Usual problem that dont know what it is, and will wait for regular appts with dr's to see what it is going on.. I think Ive reached a point, of any ER visit, and Im going to be staying for nearly a week each time.. Not something I look forward to.. and I certainly hate my union insurance paying for it.. but guess that is what it is for, and why I pay nearly 600 a month between my insurance and Medicare payments..I certainly got my money's worth, the last two months of 2010.

Well, we have "iceout" on the lake.. its nearly all melted off, with the above freezing temps of the last several days.. I need to go down to the boat, and push the button to remove the water from the bilges. and tie it up a little tighter.. Wont be long, instead of breeding foals on Farmville, I will be doing some real life fishing, on my lake.. Since its a private lake, no license is required,, but when we start camping, and traveling, I will need to start getting my state fishing license, to give us something else to do while at the parks.  Nothing like sitting on the bank with the camp behind me, drinking a cold beer and fishing with Nana.
I like bank fishing.. though its hard to beat going out on a lake in a boat.. too.. But Im not going to haul around the pontoon to the other lakes.. and some have rentals, if its that important to get out there.. The whole idea of camping, is to get away from the big city, relax around a campfire, fixing a decent meal the old ways (even though we have all the modern conveniences to fix them, lol) Of course, it would always be more enjoyable with friends to go with, but unnecessary, all the time, as Nana and I enjoy the time alone too.. As you can see, by me talking about it nearly every day, I am chomping at the bit to get this years camping experiences started,, along with getting the RV home and started on fixing it up.. Cant even keep it in the driveway or in front of the house, til the kids move out, though,, too many vehicles out front with them being here.. expect to hear something soon from the HOA about it.. but I will tell them to stick it in their asses,, Ive lived here long enough, they know I dont put up with their shit, or harrassing me.. its bad enough, their fees have gone up to over 300 a year, of which their check I just wrote out a few moments ago.

Its now Saturday, with not much planned,, The Indianapolis Boat, Sport, and Travel show started yesterday,, Our plan is to go this weekend, I think,, it sure will be crowded, so weve talked of waiting til Monday to go.. we will pick up brochures on camping, RV'ing, look at new RV's,, and then  pretty much just wander around looking at other things of interest..

Rocky was yelping this morning wanting out, is why I am up so early today.. Nana went on back to bed, and Im thinking of it.. lol,, still tired, as we sat up until 3am. Now Rocky is in bed with Nana, and Oscar is in bed with the kids..

Pulled the cover off the new grille last night, and started oiling it up with cooking spray, to start getting it ready for a summer of fine dining, LOL.. I Am anxious to use it, but even though it warmed up to nearly 60 yesterday, by the time I got started, it had cooled off some, and the spray wasnt spreading quite like I expected it to.. more like trying to grease a pan, lol.. so it isnt finished, cover put back on, and will wait for warmer weather to finish it up.. maybe instead of cooking spray, get a bowl of olive oil, and a rag or sponge, and wipe it down inside and out, all over. WHich is what the manufacturer (char-griller) recommends, to keep down the rusting.. some folks in comments about the grille, have said it only lasted one year or less, and I think its because they didnt follow the instructions.. its a 350 dollar grille, with the smoker added to it, like I did.. thats a lot to have to spend each year (thought I did buy mine, with 100 dollars off, when I caught it on sale.. Had I not bought it then, I might not have it yet, had it not been on sale, I would have kept putting it off.. but I had saved the money, for that purpose,, now the next purchase for it, will be a rotisserie, thought I dont know what I will use it for, but will have it,, Nana isnt a big fan of rotisserie chicken, and I could probably buy it cheaper than doing it myself.. lol,,But that isnt the point, now is it?  the other big purchase, will be a 30 dollar chunk of Brisket, to use on the smoker.. Ive wanted to do this for years, and now we will do it, and see how I do..

Cardiac Rehab starts Monday morning at 11am, sooo,, hopefully, we can start getting some strength back faster, and lose more weight, at a faster rate too.. 3 times a week, and Im not sure for how long.. but they said something about "graduating" so its going to be for several weeks, obviously.. but I will get it done, and see how we do then.. and of course, still working on stopping smoking.. just isnt going to happen overnight.. not with all the smokers here in the house,, though it is my choice to pick one up, and I blame no one.. but it is just more difficult to quit, knowing the cigarettes are here, and I will pick one up when I want one.. lol

Enough for today.. will see yall back here tomorrow,, got to get to the farm and harvest and replant some more crops,, Not sure of breeding this weekend. If I do, it will be under different circumstances,, or I will pass them on to the feed, and let them fight over them,, lol

Have a great weekend, and Happy Farming,

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment