Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And So It Starts

  Well, Folks, we are going to start this up, and see how it goes. I am mainly starting this blog, to post my thoughts, perhaps share some experiences as we go along, maybe a few recipes, and if possible, pics of places we go on our camping/RV'ing trips.

  The title of this blog "Farming With Papaw," is something I came up with, because of Farmville, a fun game from www.Zynga.com, accessible through Facebook, or www.Farmville.com. Its a free game, though if you want some of the exotic or nice stuff, you have to invest a few bucks here and there.. I am a big-time breeder of horses on my virtual farm, passing out 100+ foals most days to my friends and neighbors in Farmville. Really, a fun game, when its working right.

  My wife, Jayne (from here on referred to as Nana) and I started camping, late in the Summer of 2010, and loved it, thought tent camping may have been short-lived, as we have bought an older RV. A Class "B" type, which, is more or less a large custom van, which has a bed, heater/AC, LP Gas, Shower, toilet, stove, sink, refrigerator, and lots of storage space. It needs some work done on it inside and out, like tires, and minor fiberglass damage, perhaps repaint (not a biggie) and some interior replacement of carpeting, and color scheme. For 2500 dollars, and 80,000 miles, I dont think we can get hurt too bad on it. Hopefully it will last til we can trade up to something bigger/better.
I think perhaps this is enough for the first posting. Its not real comfortable here on the couch typing with a couple fingers, when I can use the desktop and type lots faster,,lol.. But anyway, we have it set up, And now we have a place, at least for now, til, something better comes along.
Hope everyone that happens to read this, has a great evening, and tomorrow brings a brighter, warmer day.

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment