Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday, February 17th, 2011

Afternoon, readers of Farming with Papaw.

Well, the Dr visit yesterday, wasnt what I was hoping for.. when he came in, I told him something is going on, and offered a couple of suggestions from past experience, he listened, nodded, and asked to see the incisions from the gall bladder surgery, and he was gone.. no stethoscope, nothing.. released with no restrictions.. 2 minutes and gone.. Sooooo,, guess we will have to wait til the 1st of March, to the next dr (the GI dr) or the Respiratory dr (with ct scans) sometime around the 1st of March.. then the cardiologist, on the 21st.. Unless the problems I have get worse, Im not going to make a special appt, but will wait til those appts.. If it gets worse, I will go to the ER then.. and another stay til im fixed.. Let me make it clear, it is not my heart, per se', but possibly fluid around my heart, or fluid in my lungs,, which, if I go to the dr, theyre going to put me on Lasix (water pills) which I am already taking,, so Im doing what I need to be doing.. for what I think the problem may possibly be.. except not smoking,, but as I said yesterday,, Youre either a smoker, or a non-smoker.. and we have to figure out, which one you want to be, then go gung-ho with that. Im trying to quit, so we will leave it at that.. Ive smoked for 40 years,, it isnt going to change over night..

After the dr appt yesterday, I went on out to Dicks Sporting goods again, cept the one closer to me, and got the Dutch Oven lid lifter, that we seen Sunday, but why I didnt purchase it then, hell, I dont know.. but got it now,, LOL,, and another small cast iron Lodge Logic skillet, 6 inch I think,, so that is two of those,, a can of Dinty Moore stew (regular sized) fits nicely in it, and heats up quick on the grille while camping.. take it off, eat right out of the skillet.. done deal.. lol,,
Then they had a little whisk broom/dustpan combo for 4 bucks, and I picked up two,, one to use for the tent, and one for the fireplace here at home.. so thats taken care of. Though a cordless sweeper would be better, this will be suffice for the time being, and doesnt take up as much room.
Oh, Yeah,, got a scrub brush made for the cast iron dutch ovens/skillets, too. So that part is taken care of,,, May go online today, and see whatelse I can order,, LOL,, just have it shipped to me.. Strange how one Dick's SG, defers from the other, in what they have on the shelves/floor room.. I like the one in Greenwood better, than Avon, but Avon is closer, and I can order and pick up there if need be.. but Greenwood is closer to Gander Mountain too, and we love going there to shop.. lol

Nana has the day off today, but has gone to pick up Louise, an elderly friend of ours, who's husband died a little over a year ago.. we started helping her, right after, since she cant do for herself.. We take her to the dr, Nana scrapes and wraps her legs every few days or so, does the grocery shopping for her, puts that stuff away.. I help when she needs it, or Nana needs me to help.. I did it at first, but now Nana has taken pretty much over.. We thought, initially, it would just be helping out occasionally, not us doing all of it.. She does have children, but they wont have anything to do with her, for what ever reasons they can think of to use.. Guess they dont even call to check on her, to see how she is doing or if she needs anything or help with something..
The reason, I am adamant about helping her, is she and her husband, Steve, when our grandson, Devin, died, they helped us out, and bought the headstone for Devin's grave.. We were in a fight with his mother's parents (Laura) over expenses, which we had said we would split down the middle,, somehow, I put in more and they decided they were going to buy the headstone,, which I said wasnt happening,, WE would share in the cost with them, when they paid us what was owed.. well, no more contact, no pictures returned, nothing,, so, I knew what I wanted on the stone, and Shawn, my step-son, and Devin's dad, picked out the stone, put "our little buddy" on it like we both wanted. and Louise and Steve paid for the stone.. very nice and thoughtful gesture from them,, and I dont see how we can NOT help her, now that she needs it.. Just didnt expect it to turn into a full time job.. But, it is what it is.. and we will deal with it..

So after Dick's SG yesterday, I went on out to almost Danville, to get the oil changed at the dealership, and have them check out a sputtering that was starting to get worse... wound up being a recall item, for a plug wire.. unfortunately, they didnt have it, so have to take it back in soon for that,, but the oil is changed and tires rotated (all for free, again)  soooo,, no worries other than getting the plug wire(s) replaced..
They even took me across the street, to a bar my buddy owns, and dropped me off.. so I called my buddy, Andy, who also owns another bar in brownsburg, and he came on over  to see me.. so had a pizza and 5 or 6 beers there (26 dollars worth) lol,, and we got to chat for a while,, then dealership called, SUV was ready, and sent the driver over to pick me up.. lol,, what a deal that was..

So stopped in CLermont, IN, at the firehouse bar, for dollar beer day, and see the bartender's tits... LOL,, she usually will flash me.. she knows I like looking at em,, and I buy her a drink (Jaegger bomb) and out they come,, shes happy, Im happy, and all is well with the world (and the other guy patrons are happy too) lol,, now where else can I go, spend a couple bucks for a drink, and make so many people happy.  lmao

By then it was getting close to an hour till Nana got off work, so headed to another bar (10th street VFW) and a few more beers.. and of course, pull tabs,, Got several "holds" for the game, but called this morning, and didnt win,, so for the day, I spent 110 dollars,, 45 at Dicks, 25 at Andy's, and about 30 at the vfw, including a bucket of beer (10) and tickets (20)  so overall, it was a pretty good day.. drank about 10-12 beers, seen alot of friends, tits, and on to pick up Nana at 7pm.. was thinking of taking her to dinner, but by the time we got to the turnoff to home, she hadnt named anyplace, so came on home, and ate grilled cheese.. lmao.. I had yogurt and granola with fruit, then later had a couple grilled cheese myself..
Havent eaten yet today, and havent thought much of supper tonight yet.. guess Id better get to thinking about it soon.. Nana wont be home for an hour or so.. I guess I should try to feed us earlier tonight.. since she is home,, but if we eat too early, then we will want something later on... thats where the yogurt/fruit and granola comes into play,, least for me.. but she will head for the ice cream instead.. lol

New horse in the market,, and I made another deposit this morning into acct to purchase one.. put it in the stable, first foal out was the new Knight Steed Foal.. but it was the only one that I got today of that, with half my herd used, the other half were ready to be harvested, so couldnt use them for seeders today. Well, I could have, but would have been a pain in the ass to do so.. I did wind up with 50 black cherry foals to pass out,, thats plenty for the banshees that beg for them in facebook feed.  I may have to take a few days off from breeding,, shit is getting to me and pissing me off,, when it isnt fun anymore, its time to move on..

well, Enough of this stuff for today,, running out of new/different thoughts, believe it or not,, LOL.. need to go see who wants something from me now in facebook, Im sure there will be many requests for something, whether I have it or not.. LOL
Have a great afternoon everyone,,

Happy Farming

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment