Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, February 13th, 2011

Afternoon, everyone,

Well, the tide turned for the worst yesterday, and as the day progressed, I felt worse and worse, and by bedtime, I felt pretty shitty.. Not sure what the hell is going on, but wish it would either get better or kill me,, Im sick of being sick!!!

I do feel somewhat better this morning, but its the same as I felt yesterday morning, and steadily got worse all day.. So, we never made it to Gander Mountain, but discussed going today.. It will just depend on when we get to moving, and get the gumption to go on out there.. Its out at the Southeast part of the county, so takes a bit to get there.

Dont like the idea of fruit/yogurt and granola again this morning, but its what I have thats easy to fix, without making Nana get up and fix me a big breakfast.. lol,, yeah yeah, I know, I could fix it myself, I did buy some Banana nut Muffin mix, and wanted those for breakfast this morning,, but last night felt too bad to make them.. I did make my "Good Dessert" (thats what its called) the other night,, Nana and I had a good sized chunk of it yesterday for breakfast.. not sure if any of the others have gotten into it yet or not..

Well, Nana is up moving,, doing laundry.. Okay,, I took a 5 minute break from here, and made the muffins,, will shove them into the oven in  few minutes,, but theyre in the pans and ready to go.. 16-21 minutes.. then Yum Yum time.. lol

The temp was above 32 for most of yesterday, and appears to have made a significant dent into melting the ice/snow here,, still a ways to go, yet, though.. Will sure be an improvement on my attitude, to see it all gone and water on the lake.. Im anxious to take the boat out just to take it out, not so much to fish.. Though I have fished this time of year.. as soon as there was ice-out.. (melted off the lake) but as cold as its been, in January and December, and even the first two weeks of February,, I would imagine that ice is 12-15 inches thick.. I know I wouldnt want to cut a whole in it to ice-fish.. though I did a lot of that in my younger days..
I did Ice fish in Wisconsin, a few short years ago,, 5-8 yrs.. cant remember when I went,, lol,, but it was the end of January, and a Navy buddy of mine, invited me up for a few days of fishing.. we caught our limit both times we did make it out to fish (he had a cabin, to pull out onto the lake and leave all winter),, Now you talk about a setup,, that was cool, ice fishing in short sleeved shirts.. LOL,, They werent plentiful in bites, but very plentiful in BS stories of our Navy days, plentiful in beer, and as I said, we caught our limits of yellow perch (10 each)  My friend has since passed on, a couple yrs ago, of Prostate cancer.. sure didnt take long (it seemed) but to the family, Im certain it seemed like forever dealing with it..

Marisa has came home from Ball State University, to visit this weekend. moreso, with her boyfriend and friends than with all of us. (her parents and grandparents) as she has been gone nearly all the time.. but today, she will spend with her parents here, and then head to dinner, then back to BSU. tonight..
Last night, we got the skewers out, and had hotdogs on the fire,, huge 1/4 lb hotdogs,, had trouble with the skewers, as when I would turn the skewer, the hotdog turned too, so blackening the same side,, lol,, but they did turn out tasty over the fireplace fire.. I was going to eat 2 and usually more eaten by me, but for some reason, last night I could only eat the one.. because of feeling poorly.. Im still losing weight.. some for trying, some of it Im not trying.. just not trying to take it off quickly, but its coming off at any rate, and Im below 240 now.. havent seen this weight, since the early 90's.. when I got down to 194, the same weight as when I got out of the US Navy. Spent 1000 dollars on all new clothes,, then within 3-4 yrs, (actually, probably 1 yr) I couldnt wear any of them,, I told Nana to get a pair of my bluejeans out, to see if I can fit into them again.. lol

Well, I have a couple other things to do now,, and also getting close to time to pull the muffins out of the oven,,
So yall have a wonderful day, enjoy your Sunday..

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment