Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday, March 6th, 2011

Afternoon, Everyone,

Hope this finds you all well.. Its Sunday,, getting ready to start the new week off with a bang,, well,, tomorrow is Cardiac Rehab day, again,, I hate having my days planned for me,, I like spur of the moment do things, not scheduled or emergency things.. lol,, but thats just me.

Think Nana is done being pissed.  I just said I didnt like the way things have been the last 2-3 days, and asked how much longer we were going to have to be like this, and today she is acting better., lol,, go figure..

The painting is done,, I just went to Lowes and picked up 6 more pieces of trim, to go around the doors, and when I got home, realized, I dont need to replace it, and if I did, it would have to be all the trim around all the doors, not just the two in this area.. so thats 50+ dollars to credit back to the acct.. 

I also picked up a few things for the grill. Porcelain wok, and Porcelain tray, for cooking veggies and some different meats,, Ive had them before, but they were thin and flimsy, and didnt last long.. so paid better money, and got good ones.. also picked up some welding gloves to use around the grille, or take camping to use for lifting the dutch ovens out of the fire.. and also got some meat thermometers, that you can leave in the meat, when you throw it on the grill. (supposedly) ..lol... 2 for beef, 1 for chicken, and 1 for pork (yes, theyre labeled different, since the different meats, should be different temps on the inside when theyre cooked..especially pork,,,but then, you all knew that, right? lmao)

Still waiting for warmer days (60+) so I can get out there and oil the grille on the inside and out. (it comes with vegetable oil on it already, but directions say to do it before you start using it, then every now and then to help keep it from rusting.) I paid good money for it, even if I did buy it on sale.. 360 dollars, and I got it for 260.. but then, they got me for more, because of some of the other things I bought, to use here, and when we go camping.. It has a smoker with it, (additional 60 dollars) on the charcoal grille end,, then a rotisserie is all I need left to buy,, it should span both the gas grille and the charcoal grille ends.. (yes, this grille has a gas, AND a charcoal grille with it,, two separate grilles.. but can only smoke the meats, using the charcoal end of the grille and the smoker, )  guess that sounds redundant and hard to explain unless you see it.. LOL Its a char-grille...   http://www.chargriller.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1  and this pic, doesnt show the smoker (fire box) attached on the end.. so its about 6 ft long,, the firebox, you can use charcoal, (then use soaked woodchips) or just use logs/wood chunks.. of cherry, apple, mesquite, etc.... Im really anxious to use this.. reviews were good, though a couple complained of it rusting out.. I figure, evidently they didnt take care of their investment, or they dont like to cook as much as I do. especially grilling.. I usually cook year around on the grille, and would be using this one already, if, I hadnt had all those health problems, and it had been warm enough a couple days when I got it, so I could season it with the oil.. But Im looking forward to some great steaks on there,, but the first item that is going to get cooked on it, will be a huge beef brisket, smoked with mesquite chunk wood.

As I said, the painting is done,, this computer (the desktop) will be unplugged later, as we pull the desk and cabinets away from the wall later, to wash down the walls,  they start putting the flooring down, tomorrow,, so its gonna be a mess around here for a few days.. then when I hook this thing back up, it is time to reformat, and get it back to original settings,, then spend a day or so with updating everything (ugh),, but hopefully, its going to speed everything up, since I upgraded the internet speeds to 6mbps (megabytes per second)  Ive been running 3mbps for  a couple years.. but with this thing not taking/accepting upgrades to the OS, it just seems so slow to me,, either way, my farm will load faster, (I Hope!!!,, lol)

Gonna cut this short for today,, got lots yet to do, and Ive only had 4 hrs sleep,, Nana and I were up watching tv at 530 am this morning, unable to sleep.. I know what it is for her, but for me, its just been the stress between her and I, and the shit flowing in and out of my head.. I could be almost ready to drop off to a deep sleep, and change thoughts, and Im wide awake again,, last night, was one of those nights for me,, wont be long til I am going to need a nap.. LOL and its just 530pm now.. 

So enjoy the rest of your Sunday Evening,, and have a wonderful week, everyone.. Hope it all goes well for you and your families... Goodluck, and Happy Farming

Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment